A couple of small tips make all the difference in making the BEST roasted carrots! Roasted at a high temperature, these carrots are perfectly tender with beautiful caramelized edges. So many ways to flavor roasted carrots, whether you like them sweet or savory. This simple vegan roasted carrots recipe makes a delicious, healthy side to serve with almost any entree, particularly meaty items.
- 2 lb carrots, pealed and cut on the diagonal
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
To Flavor Roasted Carrots:
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place carrots in a large mixing bowl, and add a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp or so.) Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the carrots to a baking pan, making sure the carrots are well spread and not crowded.
- Roast in heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized (if you like, check part-way through and turn carrots over to get even color on both sides.)
- Remove from oven. Transfer the roasted carrots to a serving bowl. Here, you can add flavor to your liking. To follow the recipe, season with turmeric and harissa spice blend (or seasoning of your choice.) If you like, add a little minced garlic and a splash of lime juice. Toss to combine. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Cook’s Tip: Once carrots are roasted, you can play with flavors as you like. I like savory warm flavors with roasted carrots, that’s why I used turmeric and harissa. I have also used a combination of cumin and coriander with a little oregano. And if you’re in the mood for something on the sweet side, add a dash of cinnamon and a drizzle of warm honey to your roasted carrots.
- Visit our online shop to browse our quality olive oils, all-natural and organic spices and more.
- Category: Side
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Roasted Carrots Recipe, How to Roast Carrots