This quick Mediterranean-Style flatbread pizza makes the perfect lunch, light dinner or appetizer for a crowd! Loaded with garden vegetables and Mediterranean favorites like marinated artichokes, olives and sundried tomatoes. You can totally make this recipe your own and change up the toppings using whatever you have on hand. Best part? This easy flatbread pizza idea comes together in 15 minutes or so!
If the title "15-minute flatbread pizza" intrigued, it means I'm not alone in searching for easy light dishes that require almost no cooking. You are in good company!
Flatbread pizza is just as it sounds, pizza where the crust is made of flatbread. No, you do not need to make flatbread from scratch for this, the secret time-saver is store-bought flatbread. Any flatbread--whatever you use for wraps, pita bread, or even naan--will work for the crust.
And for toppings? Take permission to clear out your fridge!
Flatbread Pizza Toppings
My flatbread pizza toppings take on a Mediterranean accent, no surprise here. I chose a combination of feta cheese and part-skim ricotta; some garden veggies like tomatoes and baby spinach; and other Mediterranean flavor makers including olives, marinated artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Again, choose whatever toppings you like here. Other veggies and greens will work really well in this pizza, and if you want to add protein, opt for already cooked options like rotisserie chicken or cooked shrimp. This flatbread pizza is not really cooked in the oven, we just give it a quick warm-through. So that's why it's important to use toppings that don't require cooking.
Serve this Flatbread Pizza for a light meal or appetizer
This gorgeous pizza makes a great quick lunch or light dinner with a side salad of sorts, but I've been using this idea more as an appetizer. Add other small plates for sharing like: Moroccan meatballs; grilled shrimp; classic hummus; Spanish Tuna and Potato Salad
How to Make this Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
1. Grab any flatbread of your choosing. I had some Flatout Flatbread handy, so that's what I used. But, pita bread or even naan would serve the purpose here and will feel more sturdy.If you like a little more crunch and color to the flatbread, give them a quick bake in the oven first before adding toppings. This works well with thinner flatbread.
2. Give the flatbread a quick brush of good extra virgin olive oil and add your toppings, starting with cheese. I used a combination of part-skim ricotta and feta cheese and some garden veggies including tomatoes and spinach.
3. Throw flatbread pizza in the oven. I chose to switch my oven to broil and add my flatbread pizza in for just 3 minutes or so to warm through. But, if you end up using a thicker flatbread option like pita or naan, you might like to just bake it for 5 to 7 minutes or so in a medium-heated oven. Slice and enjoy!
More recipes with artichokes?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! JOIN MY FREE E-MAIL LIST HERE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPES, WEEKLY MEDITERRANEAN DINNER PLANS, AND MY FREE E-COOKBOOK WITH 15 HEALTHY RECIPES TO TRY!
SHOP OUR ONLINE STORE FOR QUALITY OLIVE OILS, ALL-NATURAL SPICES AND MORE.Print
A light flatbread pizza, made Mediterranean style with artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, feta and more. Makes an easy lunch, weeknight dinner, or party appetizer!
- 2 Flatbreads (see Cook's Tip)
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- 6 oz/170.097 g part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz/170.097 g crumbled feta cheese
- Dried oregano
- 7 oz/ 198.447 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and sliced
- Baby spinach, handful
- 1 Roma tomato, halved then sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Sun-dried tomato bits, a handful
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place flatbread directly on the oven rack to warm for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the flatbread from the oven, then switch the oven setting to broil.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush with extra virgin olive oil. Spread the ricotta cheese and feta cheese on each flatbread, and top with a generous sprinkle of dried oregano, then arrange the remaining ingredients on top. Sprinkle with more dried oregano, if you like.
- Place the flatbread pizzas on the top oven rack just a few inches away from the broiler element. Broil for 3 minutes or so until the cheese softens; watch carefully.
- Remove from heat, slice and enjoy!
- Cook's Tip: I used Flatout® Flatbread which is fairly thin. Pita bread or naan will work well and may feel more sturdy. If you use a slightly thicker flatbread like pita or naan, for step #4, you might choose to instead bake the flatbread pizzas for 5 to 7 minutes or so in a medium-heated oven. You're just looking to warm things through.
- Cook's Tip: This is almost a no-cook pizza, all we did was warm it through, and we used toppings that do not require cooking. Feel free to change up the toppings according to what veggies you have on hand. You can also add cooked shrimp, or shredded rotisserie chicken if you like.
- Cook's Tip: This quick flatbread pizza is great as an appetizer to serve a crowd up to 8 people. If you want to make it for a light dinner, it will serve 2.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Flatbread pizza, easy flatbread pizza, artichoke flatbread pizza