The perfect summer salad with grilled romaine lettuce, grilled corn, tomatoes and fresh herbs. Drizzle a little tahini sauce on top. You can easily turn this salad into dinner by adding your favorite protein on top; chicken shawarma is a great option!
For Tahini Sauce
For Grilled Lettuce Salad
- 2 to 3 corn on the cob
- 3 Romaine lettuce heads, trimmed and cut in halves length-wise
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Greek Private Reserve EVOO)
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, trimmed, and chopped (both white and green parts)
- Large handful fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp sumac (or if you like just a tiny bit of heat, use Aleppo pepper)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat and outdoor grill on high, make sure to lightly oil the grates (you can also heat an indoor griddle or large grill pan.)
- Prepare tahini sauce according to this recipe. If you want the tahini sauce to be a little more runny like a dressing, add just a little bit of water and stir well until you get the desired consistency.
- When grill is hot, arrange the corn on top and cook on high for 10 minutes, turning as each part gets nicely charred. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush the Romaine lettuce with extra virgin olive oil on both sides. Arrange the lettuce on the hot grill. Grill on one side for 3 minutes or so, turn over, using a pair of tongs, and grill on the other side for another 3 minutes. The lettuce should soften quite a bit and gain some good char on both sides. Remove from heat and arrange the grilled lettuce on a large platter. (Turn grill off at this point)
- In large mixing bowl, hold one corncob standing up, and using a sharp knife, slice down along the cob to release the kernels right in the bowl. Repeat with the remaining corn. Then, add the sliced tomatoes, green onions, and parsley to the same bowl. Season with kosher salt, add lemon juice and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Spoon the grilled corn and tomato salad mixture on top of the grilled lettuce. Drizzle a little tahini sauce, and serve the remaining tahini sauce in a side bowl. Enjoy!
- Cook's note: This grilled lettuce salad is best when the lettuce is still warm, so be sure to prepare the tahini sauce, slice tomatoes, chop onions etc. ahead of time.
- Cook's Note: This makes a great lunch for up to 3 people. Add a little warm pita to go with the tahini sauce and grilled lettuce salad. As a salad or side, it can serve 4 to 6 people.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Lettuce, Grilled Romaine Lettuce, Lettuce Salad, Summer Salad