Learn how to cook couscous perfectly every time! It takes just 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients. This quick couscous recipe is a great side next to your favorite protein, or use it as a bed to a tasty stew.
- 1 cup low-sodium broth or water
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1 cup dry instant couscous (I used this couscous)
To Flavor (optional)
- Pinch of cumin (or spice of your choice)
- 1 to 2 garlic clove, minced and sauteed in extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Fresh herbs to your liking (I used parsley and dill)
- In a saucepan, add broth or water. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of kosher salt. Bring to a boil.
- Toast the couscous. In a non-stick skillet or pan, heat about 1 to 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Add the couscous and toss around with a wooden spoon until golden brown. This is an optional step but can really adds a great nutty flavor.
- Stir couscous in quickly and immediately turn the heat off. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes or until couscous has completely absorbed the water.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- You can serve couscous plain, or mix in spices and herbs to give it more flavor. If you like, add in a pinch of cumin, sauteed garlic, chopped green onions, and fresh herbs or your choice. I also added a pinch of cumin. Enjoy!
- Cook’s Tip: For best flavor, do use broth for your cooking liquid. It also helps to toast the couscous in extra virgin olive oil, adding a subtle nutty flavor.
- Recommended for this recipe: our instant couscous and Greek extra virgin olive oil. Add spice of your choice, you can find all our all-natural and organic spices here.
- Visit our online shop for more quality Mediterranean ingredients.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Moroccan/Mediterranean
Keywords: Couscous, how to cook couscous, couscous recipe