Here is an impressive, last-minute appetizer: Mediterranean feta cheese dip with fresh basil, chives and sun-dried tomatoes! A quick cheese dip that is ready in 5 minutes or so!
A small plate of feta cheese regularly graced the dinner table at my parents house. Not just any feta, this was an exceptionally creamy feta that traveled all the way from Upper Egypt, compliments of my dad’s “southern” family.
I always thought the feta plate had to be included because we had buckets upon buckets of the creamy stuff, and we simply had to finish it all up. In truth, it was my father’s addiction–mine as well–that forced the feta plate into every meal.
Today’s last-minute feta cheese dip is a step up from the humble feta plate of my childhood, but this recipe still could not be easier. You just mix the feta with the chopped veggies, sun-dried tomato and fresh herbs, and serve it with your favorite bread or pita chips.
Whenever I’m in a pinch for a quick something to busy my guests with, this cheese dip is my go-to.
Consider yourselves warned though, one bite of this herbed, flavor-bursting dip, and you will be hooked!
Step-by-step for this last-minute Mediterranean feta cheese dip
(print-friendly recipe to follow)
Place the feta, cream cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil and the honey in a large mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, press until the cheeses are softened and well-combined.
Add the remaining ingredients of chopped cucumbers, jalapeno (optional), sun-dried tomato bits, fresh basil, chives and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix gently with a spoon.
Transfer the feta cheese dip into a serving bowl. Serve with your favorite bread or pita chips. Enjoy!
Last-Minute Mediterranean Feta Cheese Dip
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 6
- 8-10 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Persian cucumber or 1/4 English cucumber, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato bits
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped chives
- Place the feta, cream cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil and the honey in a large mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, press until the cheeses are softened and well-combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, 2 tbsp olive oil and gently combine.
- Transfer the feta cheese dip into a serving bowl. Serve with your favorite bread or pita chips. Enjoy!