A light flatbread pizza, made Mediterranean style with artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, feta and more. Makes an easy lunch, weeknight dinner, or party appetizer!
- 2 Flatbreads (see Cook’s Tip)
- Extra virgin olive oil (I used Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil)
- 6 oz/170.097 g part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz/170.097 g crumbled feta cheese
- Dried oregano
- 7 oz/ 198.447 g marinated artichoke hearts, drained well and sliced
- Baby spinach, handful
- 1 Roma tomato, halved then sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Sun-dried tomato bits, a handful
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place flatbread directly on the oven rack to warm for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the flatbread from the oven, then switch the oven setting to broil.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly brush with extra virgin olive oil. Spread the ricotta cheese and feta cheese on each flatbread, and top with a generous sprinkle of dried oregano, then arrange the remaining ingredients on top. Sprinkle with more dried oregano, if you like.
- Place the flatbread pizzas on the top oven rack just a few inches away from the broiler element. Broil for 3 minutes or so until the cheese softens; watch carefully.
- Remove from heat, slice and enjoy!
- Cook’s Tip: I used Flatout® Flatbread which is fairly thin. Pita bread or naan will work well and may feel more sturdy. If you use a slightly thicker flatbread like pita or naan, for step #4, you might choose to instead bake the flatbread pizzas for 5 to 7 minutes or so in a medium-heated oven. You’re just looking to warm things through.
- Cook’s Tip: This is almost a no-cook pizza, all we did was warm it through, and we used toppings that do not require cooking. Feel free to change up the toppings according to what veggies you have on hand. You can also add cooked shrimp, or shredded rotisserie chicken if you like.
- Cook’s Tip: This quick flatbread pizza is great as an appetizer to serve a crowd up to 8 people. If you want to make it for a light dinner, it will serve 2.
- Visit our store to browse our spices, olive oils and bundles!
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Flatbread pizza, easy flatbread pizza, artichoke flatbread pizza