BEST roasted cauliflower recipe! Such simple steps and so few ingredients, including cumin and lemon, create amazing flavor. You can serve roasted cauliflower as an appetizer or side, but be sure to see our ideas for how to turn them into dinner!
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and divided into small florets
- Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp harissa spice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon to your liking)
- Handful fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup/30 g toasted pine nuts (or toasted slivered almonds), optional
For Tahini (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (or 250 degrees C)
- Place cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and toss to make sure florets are coated, add more EVOO as needed.
- Combine cumin and harissa in a small dish. Season cauliflower with the spice mixture and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Toss again to combine. Spread cauliflower florets well on the baking sheet so that they are in one layer.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and place on middle rack of heated oven. Roast, covered, for 15 minutes, then carefully remove foil and return baking sheet to the oven. Roast for another 30 minutes or so, occasionally rotating the baking sheet and turning cauliflower florets over (using tongs). Cauliflower should be so tender and caramelized or even charred in some parts.
- While cauliflower is roasting, prepare tahini sauce according to this recipe.
- Remove from heat and carefully transfer roasted cauliflower to a serving dish. Immediately hit with lemon juice, a little drizzle of tahini (if you like), toasted nuts and a little fresh parsley for garnish. If you’re like me and want even more flavor, sprinkle a bit more harissa spice.
- Serve tahini sauce in a bowl on the side for dipping.
- How to Serve this Cauliflower: this roasted cauliflower is a super versetile dish. Great as an appetizer with tahini and warm pita bread. Or as a side dish next to your favorite entree like baked fish; lemon chicken; souvlaki; or Greek Keftede meatballs.
- Roasted Cauliflower as a Main Course? Sure! Turn this roasted cauliflower into dinner bowls or this tasty, wholesome vegan sandwich wrap.
- Tip for Storing leftovers: If you have any leftover roasted cauliflower, let them cool then refrigerate in tight-lid glass containers for 3 to 4 days. Leftovers are great cold or at room temperature, and you can re-purpose them in dinner bowls or sandwich wraps as mentioned above.
- Category: Appetizer or Side
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Roasted Cauliflower, How to Roast Cauliflower, Best Roasted Cauliflower