Easy Italian oven roasted vegetables. The perfect combination of veggies, simply seasoned and tossed in extra virgin olive oil. The perfect gluten free side dish in minutes.
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, cleaned, ends trimmed
- 12 oz baby potatoes, scrubbed (Or cut potatoes in halves or cubes depending on size. You want them to be small)
- 12 oz Campari tomatoes (grape or cherry tomatoes will work also)
- 2 zucchini (or summer squash), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10–12 large garlic cloves, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil (see our olive oil options here)
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the mushrooms, veggies, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle generously with olive oil (about 1/4 cup olive oil or so). Add the dried oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Take the potatoes only and spread them on a lightly-oiled baking pan (I used this one). Roast in heated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and then add the mushrooms and remaining vegetables. Return to oven to roast for another 20 minutes until the veggies are fork-tender (some charring is good!)
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook’s Tip: For best results, don’t skip step #2. To flavor the vegetables well and to ensure they are well-coated with the olive oil and seasonings, it helps to use a big mixing bowl to do that first before transferring to a baking pan or baking sheet.
- Cook’s Tip #2: Since potatoes take a bit longer to cook, it’s good to give them a head start in the oven. Bake potatoes first for a few minutes until you are able to stick a fork about half way through with just a little bit of resistance (about 10 to 15 minutes). Also, if you are not using small baby potatoes, may sure to cut them into quarters or diced.
- What to Serve Along?
- Visit our shop for our Olive Oil Bundles, all-natural and organic spices and more.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Roasted vegetables, oven roasted vegetables, how to roast vegetables