Easy skillet potatoes prepared Middle Eastern-style with garlic, warm spices, fresh herbs and a splash of lime juice! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 6 medium-sized gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp coriander seeds or a little more than 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more for later
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large pot with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, and let them cook in the boiling water for 10 minutes or so. The potatoes should be cooked through but still firm.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool briefly. Cut the potatoes in smaller bite-size cubes or pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and coriander seeds. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the turmeric and the lime juice.
- Toss in the potatoes, and mix well to coat. Add 1/2 of the fresh cilantro, parsley and fresh dill. Cook for 4 more minutes. Add salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Remove from heat and top with more red pepper flakes and the remaining fresh herbs. You can serve this potato salad warm or at room temperature.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern/Vegetarian
Keywords: Batata harra, spicy potatoes, potato salad, vegetarian potato salad, vegan potato salad