This healthy, satisfying Mediterranean lentil salad recipe with spinach, crunchy veggies, and a zippy lime dressing, is the ultimate power bowl! It’s easy to make, and loaded with good-for-you nutrition and bright Mediterranean flavors. Add pomegranate seeds (arils) when in season, or leave them out. Keep it vegan or add a sprinkle of creamy feta. This lentil salad is amazing any way you make it. And meal-prep mavens, this is the perfect make-ahead lunch for the week!
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- Kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 English cucumber, small diced or chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 to 3 cups baby spinach (or other leafy green of choice)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Crumbled feta cheese for garnish
- Cook the lentils. In a sauce pan, combine lentils with 3 cups of water and pinch of kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Cover, and lower heat to medium-low. Let simmer until lentils are fully tender (about 30 minutes or so.) Be sure to check and add water if lentils seem too dry during the cooking process (they should absorb a lot of the water. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked lentils with chopped onions, cucumber, baby spinach, parsley, and pomegranate seeds (arils.) Give everything a gentle toss.
- Finally, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together lime dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over the lentil salad and toss to combine. Add a sprinkle of feta cheese to finish.
- Cook’s Tip: You can cook the lentils the night before and refrigerate in a tight-lid glass container until ready to use.
- Cook’s Tip #2: For best flavor, allow the lentil salad to sit for just a few minutes to soak up the flavors of the lime dressing.
- Visit Our Online Shop to browse Mediterranean ingredients, including lentils, Greek extra virgin olive oils, and spices!
- Category: Sides/Salad
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Lentil salad, Mediterranean lentil salad, how to cook lentils