Healthy, bright and flavor-packed grilled salmon fillets with fresh mint and mango salsa! Be sure to grab my tips above for how to grill salmon perfectly every time. Not in the mood for salsa? Check out all the other options for what to serve along this grilled salmon.
- 4 salmon fillet pieces, skin on (about 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 10 to 15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Kosher salt, a pinch
For Mint Mango Salsa
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1/2 seedless English cucumber (hot house cucumber), chopped
- 20 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Season salmon with kosher salt on both sides and place, flesh side up, in a casserole dish deep enough to hold the marinade (I used this dish).
- Make the marinade. In a bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mint, garlic, spices, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour marinade over the salmon and let sit in room temperature for 20 minutes (or, if you have the time, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.)
- Meanwhile, make the mango salsa. In a bowl, add mangoes, cucumber, fresh mint, red onions, and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Set aside for now. (If you don’t plan to eat for a few hours, cover salsa and refrigerate until ready to use.)
- Heat an outdoor gas grill on high (grill is ready when you can hold your hand one inch above the grates for only 1 to 2 seconds). Make sure grates are generously oiled (this is important so that the salmon does not stick.)
- Arrange salmon fillets on hot grill, flesh side down first (this way, they’ll get some nice grill marks while the fish is still firm.) Close the grill lid. Cook 1-3 minutes on the first side, depending on how thick the fillets are. DO NOT move the salmon fillets until you are ready to turn them over.
- Look for grill marks on the fish, and where the fish is closest to the grill, you should see a small layer of opaque (cooked) flesh. Using tongs and a metal spatula, carefully turn the fish over so it is now skin-side down. Now, turn heat down to medium. Close the grill lid. Cook for another 2-5 minutes, again depending on the thickness of the fillets. Salmon is ready when it is barely opaque throughout.
- Remove from the grill and serve with the mango salsa and Lebanese rice (or your favorite grain). You can serve mango salsa on top or on the side. See more side suggestions in recipe notes.
- Cook’s Tip: RESIST overcooking salmon, you can always place it back on the grill, but if overcooked, there is really nothing you can do about dry overcooked fish.
- Other Side Options to Go with this Grilled Salmon: Grilled Brussels Sprouts, Mediterranean Grilled Zucchini, Fattoush Salad; Tzatziki sauce, and roasted garlic hummus
- Recommended for this Recipe: Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle!
- Recommended for this Recipe from our all-natural and organic spice collections: coriander, cumin, and turmeric. SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle or Create your own 6-pack or 3-pack of spices from our collections!
- Visit Our Shop
- Category: Fish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Grilled Salmon, Easy Grilled Salmon, Salmon Marinade