- 1.5 lb Salmon fillet, cut into cubes approximately 1-inch to 1-1/2 inch or so in size
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 small red onion, cut into squares
- Kosher salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, oregano, thyme, cumin, Aleppo pepper and coriander.
- Place salmon pieces, zucchini and onions in a large mixing bowl. Season with kosher salt and pepper, and toss briefly. Now pour the marinade over the salmon and toss again to make sure the salmon is well coated with the marinade. Let the fish marinate for about 15 to 20 minutes (see Cook's Tip)
- Beginning with salmon, thread salmon, zucchini and onions through skewers (if using wooden skewers, be sure to have soaked them for 30 minutes before using.)
- Heat an outdoor grill (indoor grilling instructions in notes). Arrange salmon skewers on top and cover the grill. Grill salmon kabobs for 6 to 8 minute, covered, or until the fish is opaque throughout, turning once midway through cooking (using tongs is the best way to turn the salmon skewers)
- Cook's Tip: The marinade packs the salmon with tons of flavor and also acts as a brine to help keep it from drying out. If you want to give the salmon a little more time in the marinade for even more flavor, cover and refrigerate for one hour or so before grilling.
- Indoor grilling instructions: brush a griddle or grill pan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and heat on medium. Arrange the salmon kabobs in one layer (do this in batches if needed and do not crowd the kabobs). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on side, turn over once and cook for another 4 minutes or so. If you like, you can cover them for even cooking.
- Broiling Instructions: Heat oven broiler. Arrange salmon skewers on a large baking sheet and place about 5 to 6 inches below broiler. Cook on one side for 4 to 5 minutes, turn over and cook another 4 minute or so or until fish is opaque throughout.
- Need to feed a larger crowd? The work here is in the marinade, if you need to feed a larger crowd, you can easily double the amount of salmon and marinade. You may need to add an extra minute or two for grilling, but always watch to make sure your salmon does not dry out. It is ready when it turns a nice opaque color and flakes easily with a fork.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Early Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil. And from our spice collection, cumin, Aleppo pepper and coriander.
- Leftovers? In general, if the salmon was fresh and in good condition before cooking, you should be able to store it in the fridge in an air-tight container for 2 days or so. Best to eat cold or at room temperature.
- Visit our online store to browse our olive oils, spices and more!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Salmon Kabobs, Salmon Kebabs, Grilled Salmon Kabobs, Salmon Marinade