Even the best of home cooks need dinner shortcuts. This tasty tuna couscous salad recipe is one of my new favorites!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Wild Garden. All opinions are my own.
A delicious triumph of resourcefulness, that’s the best way to describe this simple tuna couscous salad recipe.
Or let’s call it a win-win-win recipe: protein-packed, budget-friendly, and quick!
Why this tuna couscous salad recipe works
Humble canned tuna takes on a vague Italian twist. Add kidney beans, fresh chopped veggies and herbs, plus a few tangy capers for good measure. And in place of mayo, fresh lemon juice and quality extra virgin olive oil.
To transform the tuna into a satisfying–hearty, even–weeknight fix, I use one of my go-to ready products: all-natural heat and serve couscous pilaf from Wild Garden. This traditional Mediterranean pilaf featuring pearled couscous and chickpeas in a zesty tomato sauce, makes the perfect bed for my tuna!
If you like, add some soft boiled eggs for even more protein!Print
No-Mayo Tuna Couscous Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions, PLUS a few onion slices for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, PLUS more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers
- 2 5-oz cans quality Albacore tuna, drained
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 8.8-oz package Wild Garden Heat and Serve Couscous Pilaf
- In a salad bowl, combine the kidney beans, tomatoes, onions, chives, parsley and capers. Mix. Break the tuna up with a fork and add to the bean mixture.
- Add the the spices, salt and pepper, vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix everything gently to combine. Set aside for a few minutes to the flavors combine.
- Heat the Wild Garden Couscous Pilaf according to package instructions. This only takes 90 seconds in the microwave.
- Transfer the couscous pilaf from package to a serving platter. Top with the tuna salad. Add boiled eggs and onion slices. Enjoy at room temperature.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Wild Garden. To learn about Wild Garden Taste of The Mediterranean Products or to locate a store near you, go here. Shop Wild Garden’s all-natural heat and serve pilafs on Amazon here.
More Recipes to Try: