Simple antipasto skewers with tomatoes, marinated vegetables, cured meat, and fresh herbs. A beautiful and festive appetizer to please a crowd. This recipe yields 10 skewers, you can easily double or triple it for a larger party.
- 10 mini wooden skewers
- 10-20 flat-leaf parsley or basil leaves
- 10 pieces prosciutto di parma 2 inches in length each, rolled or folded
- 10 pieces preserved artichoke hearts
- 10 mini mozzarella cheese balls, or any firm enough mild cheese
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- pinch dried oregano for garnish
- Drizzle Early Harvest EVOO, optional
- Soak mini wooden skewers in water for one hour. Pat dry before using.
- Skewer the antipasto ingredients beginning perhaps with the basil or parsley, followed by the larger pieces like prosciutto or artichoke hearts. Place the Kalmata olive at the very top of the skewer. If you have more basil or parsley leaves, alternate them on the skewer.
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter or slate board. If you like, finish with a sprinkle of dried oregano and drizzle of Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Pro Tip: You can easily double or triple this recipe if you need to serve more people. You'll just need to have more of each of the ingredients to prepare more skewers.
- Pro Tip: Antipasti will taste slightly better at room temperature.
- Variations: You can switch up the meat to your liking; choose a different cheese or fresh herb. You can also add cooked shrimp instead of meat, or keep it vegetarian by adding more fresh or marinated vegetables (cucumbers and marinated mushrooms could be added.)
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian/Mediterranean
Keywords: Antipasto Skewers; Antipasti; Antipasto